Matt Presnal is a customer-focused aerospace professional with 23 years of global aviation industry experience both in military and commercial environments with a deep understanding and first-hand knowledge of all aspects of the aircraft life-cycle.
Award-winning leader with a proven high-level of performance in quality, safety management, business ethics, customer satisfaction, and operational excellence. Strong ability to build an industry presence.
- tel. +358-45-249 8367
Accident free flight hours
Years of global aviation experience
Aviation Management Career at Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin
- As a Field Service Representative, I provided on-site technical guidance, proficiency training, engineering disposition, and liaison assistance for initial operation testing and evaluation pertinent to the operations and fielding of the CMHP CH-148 / H92 helicopter for the Royal Canadian Air Force.
- I also held additional positions as a Flight Test Aircraft Manager providing aircraft management, flight test engineering work authorizations, and aircraft manager flight release for CH-148 / H92 aircraft.
- As the Site Manager in Owego, NY., I managed site operations, aircraft maintenance team and staff, and logistical support for the VH-92A Executive Transport Helicopter Program integration, modification, and flight test.
- As the Site Manager in Linköping, Sweden, I established the only Sikorsky site located in Sweden, managed all aspects of site operations in an international partnership team, to include 50+ aircraft maintenance technicians, inspectors, and engineering support personnel, integrating the Sikorsky team with Swedish Air Force technicians and engineering to establish on-the-job training and qualification processes enabling the Swedish Air Force to rapidly forward deploy within twelve months of initial fielding and receipt of initial UH-60M helicopters.
- As the Site Manager in Newburgh, NY. I managed all aspects of site operations for Contractor Logistic Support (CLS) of multiple UH-72 helicopters of the VIP Flight Detachment for the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY. This program was a robust maintenance support solution including aircraft maintenance team and support staff, logistics and tooling support, and functional check flights to return aircraft to service after maintenance performance.
As a commercial and military helicopter pilot, I have a wide range of operational flight experience. I currently hold an FAA CPL (H) with Instrument Rating (IR) and Flight Instructor certificate (CFI).
- Current DoD Security Clearance.
- Team leadership, and project management.
- Aviation maintenance, repair, and overhaul management.
- Full Flight Simulation Devices and Training.
- Aviation Safety Management Systems.
- Quality Management Systems.
- Key Performance and metric driven results.
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Helicopter weapons systems, target acquisition and designation systems;
Military helicopter operations including maritime ASW/ ASuW, SAR, utility, armed scout, attack, flight test and evaluation.
- Commercial helicopter operations including HEMS, VVIP, aerial imaging, ENG, production flight test and evaluation.
Flight operations standardization, instruction, and evaluation.
- FAA CPL(H), IR, CFI.
- 5000+ accident and incident free flight hours.
- BH206B/L, OH-58A/C/D(R), A119, BK-117C2, H145.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Matt in the site stand up and initiation of Helicopter Operations for the United States Military Academy (West Point). His calm demeanor, excellent leadership and focus on customer service enabled his site to earn the Light Utility Helicopter Site of the Year Award.
Operational performance constantly exceeded program metrics. Customer feedback (MFA) was excellent, scoring his site 6 out of 6. Audits of his aircraft maintenance operation revealed excellence in aircraft maintenance, quality, supply management and record keeping.
As the Chief Standardization Pilot for the Sikorsky Light Utility Helicopter program, he developed and implemented a training and monitoring program that ensured Sikorsky pilots were compliant with FAA, US Army and company guidelines. Matt’s experience, professional demeanor and intelligence are attributes highly desirable by any organization. His record of accomplishments prove it.
Global Military System & Services Sustainment Program Manager - LATAM, Europe, Israel at Sikorsky